Date: January 2021
The International Cancer Imaging Society (ICIS)
The International Cancer Imaging Society ("ICIS") is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The International Cancer Imaging Society is a Registered Charity No. 1082082, and Registered Company, registered in England & Wales. Registered No. 3908709. Registered Office: 41 Waddington Way, London. SE19 3UB.
This policy (together with our terms of website use
and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
We may from time to time use personal data otherwise than in accordance with this policy. Where this is the case you will be informed and seek your permission before such use.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the “Act”) and the UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) , the data controller is The International Cancer Imaging Society, 41 Waddington Way, London, SE19 3UB.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is our General Manager [Maureen Watts; e-mail – email@example.com]
Information we may collect from you
- Information the user gives ICIS: This is basic geographical data provided by the user, i.e. the user’s name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, and information provided by the site’s interactive and social media functions and details provided when registering.
- Information ICIS collects about the user: This is information automatically collected by the site and supplied to us by our analytics provider, i.e. technical information about the user’s browser type and settings, pages visited, length of time on each page, page interaction information.
- Information ICIS collects from other sources: This is information received from other website and online services controlled by the data controller and third parties, i.e. sub-contractors in payment services, advertising networks, and analytic providers.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.icimagingsociety.org.uk (“our site”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- details of transactions you carry out through our site; and/or
- details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers, based in the United Kingdom. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Our website is protected by a secure sockets layer (SSL), keeping the internet connection secure and safeguarding any sensitive data that is being sent between two systems.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with membership services and enhanced member benefits (for example to provide you with copies of and electronic access to our journal and other relevant publications);
- to provide you with information, details of events, services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- where you have applied to a third party for a member benefit (such as, by way of example, reduced registration fee to attend an ICIS satellite meeting) to confirm to such third party that you are a member or fellow of ICIS and therefore entitled to such member benefit; and/or
- to notify you about changes to our service.
- your data will not be subject to automated decision-making.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post, email or telephone.
We may provide anonymised and/or aggregated data (including, but not limited to, diversity data) to third parties.
We will not sell your data to any third parties.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation;
- in order to enforce or apply our terms of website use and other agreements;
- from time to time ICIS may prepare a list of delegates attending an ICIS teaching course, only identifying name and place of work. If you register for an ICIS teaching course it is possible that your name may appear on such a list; however this will not be extensively disseminated;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of ICIS or others;
- to allow you to receive any membership services or member benefit which is provided by a third party (for example, discounted books from CRC Press); and/or
- to provide any services that you ask us to carry out either through the website or otherwise (including, for example, for equivalence purposes).
Disclosure may include exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not checking the data protection boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by unsubscribing or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from websites operated by third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Right to be forgotten
Also known as data erasure, the right to be forgotten entitles you to have the data controller erase all your personal data.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. We will provide a copy of your personal data, free of charge, in electronic format